Palm oil is the most versatile of all vegetable oils and has a long shelf life. Moreover, health benefits associated with it are abundant.
- Rich in natural antioxidants like tocopherols and tocotrienol, palm oil helps cut down the speed of development of diseases occurring due to cell damage and environmental pollution
- When used in moderation, non-oxidized palm oil helps the body to efficiently use nutrients and improves immune function
- Beta-carotenes in palm oil are a very important form of vitamin A. They help protect our body against Alzheimer’s, cataract, and arthritis
- Antioxidants in the oil reduce the incidence of atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease. Antioxidants also increase the HDL-cholesterol (good cholesterol)
- Tocotrienol in palm oil is a form of vitamin E, and can help fight cancer and prevent strokes. It also helps to maintain good skin and fertility
- As palm oil is composed of equal proportion of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids and also contains sufficient amount of essential fatty acid, it is easily digested and absorbed
- Palm oil is used for weight loss and boosting the body’s metabolism