Cottonseed oil, which has a long shelf life, is a versatile vegetable oil with a mild, nut like taste. It is not only flavoursome but has numerous health benefits.
- An excellent source of vitamin E, cottonseed oil is rich in tocopherols,a natural antioxidant that helps in fighting free-radicals and cell damage
- It has cholesterol-lowering properties, particularly LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol)
- Moreover, it contains oleic acid, which is a compound that boosts HDL, the good cholesterol
- It’s a rich source of linoleic acid, which is an anti-inflammatory compound that promotes skin health and speeds up body metabolism
- Its high smoke and flash point make cooking with it safer as well as tastier